Welcome to Threeways Surgery
Benefits for patients
- Improved access. Patients can submit requests without having to wait on the phone.
- Quick response. They get a quicker response from a clinician than having to wait for an appointment in future.
- Convenience. Patients usually don’t have leave their house if consulted via PATCHS.
- Support for vulnerable patients. Carers can use PATCHS on their behalf – but for those that don’t have carers and cannot use a computer or smartphone, PATCHS frees up the phone lines for them.
- Many patients prefer communicating in writing. Because it’s easier for them to describe their symptoms more fully and accurately than they could in a traditional telephone or face-to-face consultation, they can take their time to answer questions, can review and edit them before submitting, and have a written record to refer back to in future. This is particularly helpful for patients with anxiety or autistic spectrum disorder because they may find it difficult to communicate verbally how they’re feeling. Some patients say it’s easier for them to discuss sensitive topics, such as mental health issues, in writing rather than on the phone or face-to-face. We've found this is particularly true for male patients who may have avoided seeking help from the doctors before.
- Patients can use their own words to describe their issues. Rather than certain other online consultation systems where they have to answer lots of yes/no tick box questions.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. Technology means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home. We provide online access to registered patients which enables you to book & cancel appointments / view test results / order repeat medication and view aspects of your medical record.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Patients with Particular Needs
We aim to offer a welcoming environment for all our patients and do our best to assist those with special needs. We have a dedicated parking space for cars displaying a disabled sticker. We also have an induction loop at reception. Please turn your hearing aid to the appropriate position.
Facebook - the surgery has a face book page set up with regular posts updated with surgery news, health promotion and awareness - both local and national www.facebook.com/threewayssurgery
Practice Leaflet March 2022
(Site updated 05/05/2022)